With the Notes widget, you can add plain text to your start.me page. Use it as a Post-it to quickly jot down a phone number or a name. Or spice it up with Markdown coding to upgrade your note to a regular instruction. This feature is especially useful for shared pages. Here's everything you need to know about our Notes widget.
- Add a Notes widget
- Add Markdown to your text
- Widget menu
- General Settings
1. Add a Notes widget [back to top]
Click the Add icon in the top right corner.
- Locate the option Notes. Click it.
Click Add widget.
- You will now see an empty Notes widget.
- Click Save to confirm. Click cancel to leave the notes widget without changing its content.
You can add as many Notes widget to your page as you'd like. You can note anything you like; however, we advise against jotting down passwords or other sensitive information. Your start.me page is not designed for this feature. We recommend using a dedicated password app, like LastPass or Dashlane.
2. Add Markdown to your text [back to top]
Change the appearance of text in your Notes widget, like adding bold, Italic or underline. Just add a simple Markdown command to your text.
- <b> Bold </b>
- <i> Italic </i>
- <u> Underline </u>
Other HTML commands are also supported. Here's an example of the many possibilities Markdown has to offer:
# Heading ## Sub-heading ### Another deeper heading Paragraphs are separated by a blank line. Two spaces at the end of a line leave a line break. Text attributes _italic_, *italic*, __bold__, **bold**, `monospace`. Horizontal rule: --- Bullet list: * apples * oranges * pears Numbered list: 1. apples 2. oranges 3. pears A [link](http://example.com).
Result in Notes widget
Another deeper heading
Paragraphs are separated by a blank line.
Two spaces at the end of a line leave a
Text attributes italic, italic, bold, bold,
3. Widget menu [back to top]
Edit Notes. Start editing the text and title of your notes widget. Click Done to stop editing.
Copy the widget to another page. The original widget will remain on the page.
Move the widget to another page. The original widget will be deleted.
Display settings. Set the size of the widget: auto, small, medium, or large.
Change background color and transparency. If you make the widget 100% transparent, you'll only see the search field. You can also apply this setting to all other widgets on your page.
Delete widget. You'll get a pop-up to ask if you are sure. If your continue, the widget will delete. There is no way to undo this.
4. Resources [back to top]
- If you want to learn more about Markdown, you can start with this article from our blog: https://blog.start.me/how-to/markdown-bookmark-pages/
- We've also written a second article about more advanced Markdown features: https://blog.start.me/how-to/markdown-bookmark-pages-bullets-headings/