Some of our users have told us that they felt start.me was too complicated to consider using. We welcome this feedback, as it's true that our service offers a lot of advanced features and widgets. Still, the fact is that you can make your start.me dashboard as simple or as complicated as you want. start.me is designed to be easy and fast, but also powerful and versatile.
Here's an example of a simple personal start page, with only six links (like a speed dial) and a news widget.
Instructions to build a simple start page:
- First create an account and log in.
- Click the Pages button in the top right corner of your window to open the Pages bar.
- Click Create new page to get started with an empty page.
- Click the Add widgets button in the top right of your page header.
- Select the Bookmarks option, to add an empty Bookmarks widget.
- This is where you add the bookmarks to your favorite sites. In this example, we've added just six of them, but there are no limits.
- Now click the same Add content button again and select Newsfeed (RSS) to add a second widget to your start page. Just select a news source and click Add feed.
- And finally, to make sure you have a page of only one column, click the three dots icon in the page header, to open the Page actions menu, then click the Change background & layout option.
- And select the single column at the bottom.
So that's it. In less than 10 clicks you'll have a fully functional personal start page.