When you search in the Search Bar, you'll get the results of a Google Custom Search by default. This is especially useful if you want to look for public start.me pages. If you don't use this feature, you can also set the bar to display the usual Google Search results. Here's how you do this.
- With your mouse, go to the Search Bar and click the search engine icon in the left-hand corner.
- Click Search settings to open the search sidebar.
- In the Search settings sidebar, click Add search engine.
- In the list of available search engines, select Google and click +.
- Finally, click the Set default tab, and select the search engine you've just added as your default search engine.
- Now, every time you search for something in the search bar, you'll see a page with regular Google search results.
Note: you can always change the default search engine or use custom search engines for a particular use. For more information, read our blog article about Advanced search bar settings.
Article is closed for comments.