When you make a live copy of a widget, the copied widget will be updated when you make changes to the source widget. This allows you to put the same widget on multiple pages and keep them in sync.
- With the mouse pointer, go to a widget you want to copy. The More button will appear (three dots).
- Click the More button > Copy, merge and move > Copy.
- Now select the destination page, column, and position.
- Select the option Live copy > Copy.
- We will create a live copy on the page you determined. In the header of the Live copy, you'll see a live copy icon. When you click it, you'll see the option to return to the source widget and make changes.
Note: when you make a live copy of a widget, it will be available and in sync on multiple start.me pages. If you want to learn how to share a widget outside of our platform, read this support article.
For more detailed information about possible use cases for this feature, read our blog Two new options: share widgets or live copy them!