The Bookmark Manager is an advanced start.me tool to help you keep your link collection organized and current. Move large numbers of bookmarks at once. Change icons to multiple bookmarks. Manage your broken or duplicate links with a PRO subscription. Here are your options.
1. Open bookmark manager [back to top]
If you want to open the Bookmark manager, there are two options:
- Click the Me icon and select View all bookmarks.
https://start.me/bookmarksin the address bar of your browser.
Once you've opened the Bookmarks manager, you will see the sum total of all your bookmarks as well as your unsorted bookmarks. You'll also see a navigation pane, where you can keep track of all bookmarks, widgets (including bookmark groups), and pages.
2. Unsorted bookmarks [back to top]
Unsorted bookmarks are all the links you have saved to start.me, without selecting a destination widget.
You'll start saving unsorted bookmarks, when you're on a website, and click once on the icon of the Bookmarker extension or the New Tab extension. If you then click away instead of selecting a destination widget, your bookmark will become unsorted. The bookmarklet also offers this option.
Unsorted bookmarks don't appear on a start.me page. You can access and organize them later, in the Bookmark manager.
- After opening the Bookmark Manager, click the second option Unsorted bookmarks.
- Go to the bookmark you want to add to a page. When you hover over it, you'll see the following options:
- Select the bookmark. The bookmark icon will change to a checkbox. Use this to move, copy or delete multiple bookmarks at once.
- Select location. Click this to move the bookmark it to a widget and add it to a page.
- Edit bookmark. Change title, URL, description, icon, and more.
- Click More icon to open the Bookmark menu.
Note: to simplify organizing all Unsorted bookmarks, you can also select all bookmarks at once, and then delete, copy or move them.
3. Broken links [back to top]
Before introducing the Bookmark manager, our PRO users had to expand every Bookmarks widget to see the broken links within that widget. With multiple pages, this could be a nuisance. Now, you can see all broken links in one place.
- After opening the Bookmark Manager, you'll see by default All bookmarks. You can stay there, or select a page in the File tree to manage your broken links on a page level.
- In the second tab of the main section, select Show broken links.
- You'll see all the links we have detected to be non-responsive. Hover over them to see your options. They are the same as with the Unsorted bookmarks.
Note: to get rid of all Broken bookmarks at once, select one to open the top bar, click Select all, and select Delete.
4. Duplicate links [back to top]
Before introducing the Bookmark manager, our PRO users had to expand every Bookmarks widget to see the duplicate links within that widget. There was no way to notice the duplicate links over the entire page or in multiple pages. Now, you can see all duplicate links in one place.
- After opening the Bookmark Manager, you'll see All bookmarks by default. You can stay there, or select a page in the File tree to manage your duplicate links on a page level.
- In the third tab of the main section, select Show duplicate links.
- You'll see all the links we've discovered to be identical. Hover over them to see your options. They are the same as with the Unsorted bookmarks.
Note: to get rid of all Duplicate Links at once, select one to open the top bar, click Select all, and select Delete. If you have two duplicates, you'll lose both of them, as we can't tell which one is the original one. So, be careful!
5. Change icons [back to top]
The final option we wanted to mention here, is the option to change multiple site icons at once. Until the implementation of the Bookmark manager, you could only change a single site icon at a time. Now you can select more than one, and change the icon. This will make it easier to design and style your (shared) page.
- After opening the Bookmark Manager, you'll see All bookmarks by default. You can stay there, or select a page in the File tree. You can also continue selecting the Bookmarks widget or even the Bookmark group you want to restyle.
- Once you've reached the level you want to manage, hover over the icon you want to change. It will transform into a checkbox. Tick it.
- In the top bar, click Select All or continue selecting other links, if you want to change more icons than one. Once you're done, click the More button and select Change icon.
- Now you can select a new icon for your link or the multiple links
- Click Save icon to confirm.
Note: you can also upload your own icon, or revert to the default icon.