Thanks for asking. The truly short answer is this: yes, your data is safe with us.
We don't collect a lot of information in the first place, and what we collect, we need to make sure start.me runs smoothly. You can find our entire Privacy Declaration in the footer of your start page.
Our founder, Arjen Robijn, has also written a concise introduction, to make sure our users understand our main principles. Here it is:
These are our main principles:
- On start.me we care about your privacy.
- On start.me you are NOT the product. We do not sell or share your data with anyone else. We make money through ads and subscriptions, not by selling your data.
- We limit the amount of personal data we collect from you. During the sign-up process, we ask you to provide us with your name and email address. We use this information to ensure you can log in to our service. We do not share this information with anyone else.
- When you use start.me, your IP address gets logged. This is done on an anonymous basis and only for the purpose of protecting and securing our platform.
- Our hardware and software are updated with the latest security patches. We also work with external partners who frequently audit the security of our platform.
- We work with external advertising & affiliate partners to support the Free plan of start.me. Our partners may use additional cookies to serve relevant and personalized ads to you. Upgrading to PRO will remove any advertising or affiliate tags from start.me.
- You can delete your account and all associated data whenever you want to. Go to your user profile https://start.me/users/edit and click the "Delete account" button. You can also ask our support team (email@example.com) to do this for you.