With Bookmark Groups, you can add tabs to any Bookmark widget. It offers an extra option to categorize, nest, or subdivide your bookmarks. You can display them in tabs or in a list view.
1. Add Bookmark Groups [back to top]
You add a Bookmark Group from the Widget Menu.
- Bring the cursor to the header of your widget. The Widget menu icon will appear (three dots).
- Click it, to open the Widget menu.
- Locate the option Add Group and click it.
- Now you can type the name you want to give the Group.
- Click Save to continue.
Once you've added a group to your Bookmarks widget, you can add more groups through the Widget menu.
2. Tab or List view [back to top]
You can display your bookmarks in Tabs, or in a List view. The active tab hides all bookmarks in other tabs, while the list display is collapsible.
- Open the Widget menu (click the three dots icon in the header).
- Click Display settings.
- In the Show groups as option, toggle the Tabs or List view.
In List view, you can also toggle to collapse entire groups, just like with the regular widgets.
3. Copy single or multiple bookmarks [back to top]
To move or copy individual bookmarks to other Bookmark Groups or widgets, you can drag and drop the bookmark.
If you want to move or copy more than one bookmark at the same time, you click the pencil icon.
Once you start selecting the bookmarks you want to move, copy, or delete, a new dialogue appears at the top of the Bookmarks widget. Click the option you prefer. Note: there's no undo option, nor confirmation to this action.
4. Copy, merge, or move bookmark widgets [back to top]
Bookmark Groups add a new layer of categorization to your bookmarks collection. Now you can group related links together. For this reason, we also added a merge option to quickly bring two widgets together.
- Click the Widget menu button in the top-right corner of the Bookmarks widget you want to merge with another widget (three dots).
- In the Widget menu, select the option Copy, merge & move.
- Select the operation you want to perform, which are to copy, merge or move the widget.
- Now, select the destination widget. First, you choose the page, then the widget you want to send your bookmarks to.
- Click Merge (or Copy or Move) to confirm.
If you merge a Bookmarks widget with groups to a Bookmarks widget without groups, we will create a separate tab called New Group in the destination widget. This is where you'll find the original bookmarks of the original widget. The other tab names will be respected.
Note: the first Bookmarks Widget will disappear.
Article is closed for comments.