The Craving Explorer (https://v2.crav-ing.com/) is a partner of start.me. Make sure you download the Chromium based version of the Craving Explorer - version 2. You don't have to install start.me separately. Everything is already there. There are still some personalization options you could choose to implement.
Follow these steps:
- Set start.me as your homepage
- Set start.me as your new tab page
- Install Chrome extension
- Import bookmarks
- Get Bookmarklet
1. Set start.me as your homepage [back to top]
When you install the Craving Explorer, you don't have to set start.me as your homepage: it will open start.me automatically.
2. Set start.me as your new tab page [back to top]
The same goes for your New Tab page: it will open automatically to start.me.
3. Install start.me Chrome Extension [back to top]
The start.me Chrome extension makes adding bookmarks and RSS feeds to start.me much easier.
Click to install it now:
With this extension, you can easily import your Chrome bookmarks, manage your New tab page and more. Just right-click and select 'Options.'
You can find more instructions for importing your Chrome bookmarks here.
You can also use it to bookmark any site you're visiting. One regular click will do the trick.
4. Import bookmarks [back to top]
You can import the bookmarks you'd like to transfer from other browsers. You'll only have to do this once. When you've stored them on your start.me page, you can access them from any browser.
- Make sure you've exported your bookmarks in HTML format.
- Click the Add content button.
- In the Add content pane, locate the button 'Import bookmarks.'
- Click the Import bookmarks button, and browse to the HTML file with your bookmarks.
- Click Import.
- Once the importing has finished, you will see a prompt 'Your import has been completed.'
- Click 'Close' to continue.
5. Get Bookmarklet [back to top]
Just like the extension, the bookmarklet allows you to bookmark links with one single click from your bookmark bar.
Click here for instructions on how to drag-and-drop it to your Craving Explorer bookmarks bar.
6. Resources [back to top]
You can find more information about the installation and configuration of the Craving Explorer, including troubleshooting and customization, in their website https://crav-ing.com. The site is in Japanese.