An Enterprise is a collection of teams, you can use to manage your complex organization. You collect multiple teams in one entity. Once you've chosen to upgrade, there are several new options.
1. Set up teams for each department [back to top]
While start.me originated as a personal start page and bookmark manager, it evolved into a useful tool for all size organizations or businesses. The first thing you do is determine the number of teams you want to give access to your organization. Use separate teams for:
- Departments like your Development team, Marketing team, Management team, or Operations.
- Product lines.
- Customer segments.
This is how you add teams to your Enterprise:
- Open the team you've upgraded to Enterprise.
- Click Settings on the Page sidebar.
- In the Profile page, you'll see a breadcrumb trail in the heading. Locate the name of your Enterprise, and click it.
- Now you've arrived at the Enterprise Profile portal. Click the second option: Teams.
- In this window, you can click the Create new team button. A new team will be added to your Enterprise. They will show up in your Pages sidebar.
Note: you can also add personal teams to your start.me account. They are not automatically linked to your Enterprise.
2. Assign Admins [back to top]
As it's useful to appoint Administrators to each separate department or team, we offer this option for every page. There are two ways to make a user an Admin.
- Invite a user from the Page Admin portal. Click the Add users button.
- Toggle the selection option Make admin.
You can revoke admin rights or give admin rights from the same Page Admin portal:
- Click the second menu option Members.
- Locate the member you want to give admin rights to or revoke them, by clicking the member name.
- In the Role field, click the green Revoke admin rights button, or the Make admin button.
- Changes are saved instantly. Click close to continue.
Note: Admins do not have access to the Enterprise level. They can't upgrade the team, link or unlink a team to the enterprise, nor delete the team. They can, however, change all other settings, including inviting team members, changing or deleting pages, and whitelisting an email domain.
3. Invite team members [back to top]
Team Admins and Owners can invite new team members to a team (with one or multiple pages).
- Open the team settings, by clicking the Settings button in the Page sidebar.
- Click the second option Members.
- Click the Add users button.
- Now you can choose to invite members separately, or by bulk invite.
If you decide to bulk invite members, they will be a regular user without admin privileges.
If you decide to add a new user individually, there are several options to consider:
- The Admin role.
- An automatically generated password, or not.
- A custom password you provide (Minimum of 6 characters, at least one upper-case character, at least one numeric character (0-9).
- You can send an e-mail to have the member accept the invitation, or have them logged in to start.me without confirming their email address. This option is especially useful after whitelisting an email domain.
- Click Add user to confirm.
- By default, team members can only view team pages. Admins and Owners can grant them edit rights of specific pages.
- Everyone you invite to your team will profit from an automatic PRO upgrade. This includes our Google widgets, the Tasks widget, and many more.
4. Other Team Rights & Roles [back to top]
Only Enterprise owners can decide upon:
- The enterprise name. This name will appear in the heading of the Team portal pages.
- The enterprise Logo. This logo will be the default logo for each new page. Admins can change it later on.
- Deleting the enterprise. Teams or pages are not automatically deleted. Only the enterprise itself (including logo, and billing information) is affected.
Team owners and Team admins can decide upon:
- The team name.
- The team logo. This overrides an enterprise logo.
- Inviting or deleting team members.
- Creating and deleting of team pages.
- Deciding upon the sharing options for pages they own.
- Changing the order of team pages.
- Request custom domain, change the layout options or SSO settings for the team.
- Team admins are not allowed to upgrade or delete a team, nor to delink a team from an enterprise.
Note: When deleting a team page another team member has made, they revert to a personal page.