Are you using Chromebooks in your class/school? start.me is an excellent launch page for Chromebooks!
First, create a team portal
You can get your portal domain (e.g., https://yourschool.start.me) when you upgrade to our team plan ($150/year for educators). The advantages of a team portal:
- A more comfortable and shorter URL to remember
- Sub-menu showing all your (team) pages
- Additional branding options (e.g., logo) for your team
- Other layout options for your pages. Example: you can decide to hide the sign-in button, footer, and search bar.
More information about the team portal:
You can upgrade your account here:
Google Chromebook - How to set start.me as startup homepage
- Open Your Chrome Browser on Your Chromebook and Select Options
- Select the Settings Option in the Drop-Down Menu
- Search for Startup Settings
- Type in "Startup" In the Search and Click on "Set Pages"
- Type the URL of your team portal (e.g., https://yourname.start.me) or your start.me page
- You're done!
Watch instruction video how to set a URL as the homepage on Google Chromebook
Article is closed for comments.