To use start.me in your Brave browser, follow these steps:
- Set start.me as your homepage
- Set start.me as your new tab page
- Install Chrome extension
- Import bookmarks
- Get Bookmarklet
1. Set start.me as your homepage [back to top]
When you set start.me as the default homepage for Brave, you can access your favorite bookmarks and widgets faster and more efficiently.
The default setting for Brave is to open with their version of a start page. First, make sure you open with a start.me page.
How to set it up:
- Open the settings page from Brave by clicking the Menu Icon (top-right) or go there directly by typing
brave://settingsin the address bar.
- On the Settings page, go to On startup. Toggle the third option: "Open a specific page or set of pages" and click "Set pages." Here you can type "
- While you're there, make sure to toggle the option under "Bookmarks bar" to "Show the bookmarks bar." This will come in handy later.
2. Set start.me as your new tab page [back to top]
Brave does not permit changing the default New Tab Page setting. There is a workaround. You can use the start.me Chrome extension.
3. Install start.me Chrome Extension [back to top]
The start.me Chrome extension makes adding bookmarks and RSS feeds to your start.me page much easier.
Brave does support the direct installation of our Chrome extension.
Click to install our start.me extension now:
With this extension, you can easily import your Chrome bookmarks, manage your Startpage and more. After installation, right-click and select 'Options.'
More instructions for importing your Chrome bookmarks can be found here.
You can also use it to bookmark any site you're visiting. One regular click will do the trick.
4. Import bookmarks [back to top]
Now it's time to import the bookmarks you'd like to transfer from other browsers. You'll only have to do this once. When you've stored them on your start.me page, you can access them from any browser.
- Make sure you've exported your bookmarks in HTML format.
- Click the Add content button.
- In the Add content pane, scroll down, and locate the button 'Import bookmarks.'
- Click the Import bookmarks button and browse to the HTML file with your bookmarks.
- Click Import.
- Once the importing has finished, you will see a prompt 'Your import has been completed.'
- Click 'Close' to continue.
5. Get Bookmarklet [back to top]
Just like the extension, the bookmarklet allows you to bookmark links with one single click from your bookmark bar.
Click here for instructions on how to drag-and-drop it to your bookmarks bar.
6. resources [Back to top]
You can find more information about the installation and configuration of Brave in their Support section: https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us.