Yandex is a Chromium-based browser, with added functionality from Opera. Many of its features directly come from Google Chrome. There are some crucial differences, though.
To use start.me in your Yandex browser, follow these steps:
1. Make start.me your homepage [back to top]
Yandex Browser doesn't support setting an external website as a start page or as a new tab page. You can, however, install an extension from the Opera webstore to create a home-icon in your browser that links to https://start.me.
This way you can get to start.me with a single click.
Go to https://addons.opera.com/extensions/details/homepage-in-new-tab/
Install the extension
Set https://start.me as start page
You can also put a bookmark on the bookmarks bar for easy access.
2. Import bookmarks [back to top]
Yandex does not permit the installation of our Chrome extension, so you can't use the extension to import your bookmarks. If you want to import bookmarks, you must do this manually. You only do this once.
When you've stored your bookmarks on your start.me page, you can access them from any browser.
- Make sure you've exported your bookmarks in HTML format.
- Click the Add content button.
- In the Add content pane, scroll down, and locate the button 'Import bookmarks.'
- Click the Import bookmarks button and browse to the HTML file with your bookmarks.
- Click Import.
- Once the importing has finished, you will see a prompt 'Your import has been completed.'
- Click 'Close' to continue.
3. Get bookmarklet [back to top]
The bookmarklet allows you to bookmark pages with one single click. It works best from your bookmarks bar.
Click here for instructions on how to drag-and-drop it to your Yandex bookmarks bar.
4. Resources [back to top]
- You can find more information about the installation and configuration of Yandex in their Support section: https://yandex.com/support/.
Article is closed for comments.