With the Profile widget, you can put a dedicated widget on your page to present a personal or business profile. It's especially useful on public or team pages. You can also use it for research purposes, to keep your client list updated or for other applications. Here's everything you need to know about this widget.
1. Add a Profile widget [back to top]
Click the Add icon in the top right corner (+ icon).
Click Browse all widgets.
Locate the option Image Gallery. Click it.
Click Add widget.
- You will now see an empty Profile widget. Add a title, image, description, and other relevant data. You can also copy and paste this information.
You can add as many Profile widgets to your page as you'd like.
2. Upload an image [back to top]
You can add an image of the profile you're adding. The image size should be no bigger than 20 MB and the allowed file types are: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, ICO, PDF, SVG, TIFF.
3. Add other content [back to top]
You can add a description to every Profile widget. Here you can add basic text or use the Markdown language.
Other types of content you can add to your Profile widget are:
- Links to websites
- Facebook page
- LinkedIn profile
- Twitter handle
- Date of birth
- Contact information
The widget will automatically detect the type of content you're adding.
4. Widget menu [back to top]
Edit the widget. Change the title. Click Done to stop editing.
- Copy the widget to another page. The original widget will remain on the page.
Move the widget to another page. The original widget will be deleted.
- Share the widget. Once you tick this option, you can share the widget with a unique link. In this window you'll also see if you've made a live copy of your widget.
- Change background color and transparency. If you make the widget 100% transparent, you'll only see the search field. You can also apply this setting to all other widgets on your page.
Delete widget. You'll get a pop-up to ask if you are sure. If your continue, the widget will delete. There is no way to undo this.
5. Resources [back to top]
- If you want to learn more about Markdown, you can start with this article from our blog: https://blog.start.me/how-to/markdown-bookmark-pages/
- We've also written a second article about more advanced Markdown features: https://blog.start.me/how-to/markdown-bookmark-pages-bullets-headings/