With the Profile widget, you can put a dedicated widget on your page to present a personal or business profile. It's especially useful on public or team pages. You can also use it for research purposes, to keep your client list updated or for other applications. Here's everything you need to know about this widget.
- Add a Profile widget
- Upload an image
- Add other content
- Context menu
- General Settings
1. Add a Profile widget [back to top]
Add a Profile widget, using the Add button
- Click the Add icon (Plus icon) in the top right corner.
- Begin typing 'Profile'. The option to add a Profile widget will appear.
- You will now see an empty Profile widget. Add a title, image, description, and other relevant data. You can also copy and paste this.
- Confirm your changes by clicking the Confirm button (Checkmark icon).
You can add as many Profile widgets to your page as you'd like.
2. Upload an image [back to top]
You can add an image of the profile you're adding. The image size should be no bigger than 20 MB and the allowed file types are: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, ICO, PDF, SVG, TIFF.
3. Add other content [back to top]
You can add a description to every Profile widget. Here you can add basic text or use the Markdown language.
Other contents you can add to your Profile widget are:
- Links to websites
- Facebook page
- LinkedIn profile
- Twitter handle
- Date of birth
- Contact information
The widget will automatically detect the type of content you're adding.
4. Context menu [back to top]
Click the More options button in the top right corner of your widget to open the Context menu.
Now you can enter the Edit mode to change the widget, copy the widget to another page or move it. You can also enter our Settings pane, delete the widget (careful: there's no recovery possible) and access the Help section (this very article).
5. General Settings [back to top]
Change the title of your Profile widget by double-clicking the title. Or open the Settings pane and change it there.
You can also change the icon by uploading your own or selecting one from our database. Click Done to save your changes.
6. Background settings [back to top
Change the color of your Profiles widget. Set the transparency to blend into the background.
7. Resources [back to top]
- If you want to learn more about Markdown, you can start with this article from our blog: https://blog.start.me/how-to/markdown-bookmark-pages/
- We've also written a second article about more advanced Markdown features: https://blog.start.me/how-to/markdown-bookmark-pages-bullets-headings/