The Todo List widget brings a basic list directly to your start.me page. You can write new tasks or check them off, both on your desktop or on your mobile.
1. Add a To-do widget [back to top]
Click the Add icon in the top right corner (+ icon).
Locate the option To-do list. Click it.
- You will now see an empty To-do widget. Start adding tasks.
Click Done to confirm.
You can add as many To-do widgets to your page as you'd like.
2. Add tasks [back to top]
If you want to add tasks, click the bottom line of your To-do widget: 'Add new task'. A cursor will appear. Start typing. Confirm by pressing Enter or clicking the plus icon.
3. Check off tasks [back to top]
To check off tasks, click the box next to the task. A strike-through will appear. If you want to reactivate the task, you can do this by clicking the same box. Every time you complete a task, you'll see the progress bar reflect the change.
If you want to hide the completed tasks, take your cursor to the header of the widget. The button Hide checked items will appear.
When you click it, the checked items will disappear form view.
4. Delete tasks [back to top]
You can delete every task by hovering over it. A trash can icon will appear. If you click it, the task will be gone forever.
5. Widget menu [back to top]
- Add To-do list. Here you add a new to-do list in the same widget.
Edit To-do's. Start the edit mode of your Todo widget. Click Done to stop editing.
- Copy the widget to another page. The original widget will remain on the page.
Move the widget to another page. The original widget will be deleted.
Display settings. Wrap to-do item. This way, it will be entirely legible or truncated.
Change background color and transparency. If you make the widget 100% transparent, you'll only see the search field. You can also apply this setting to all other widgets on your page.
Delete widget. You'll get a pop-up to ask if you are sure. If your continue, the widget will delete. There is no way to undo this.
6. Resources [back to top]
- We introduced the To-do widget with this blog article: https://blog.start.me/better-to-do-widget/