You'll see a "404 Page not found" error (as in the screenshot below) when you try to access a start.me page URL that doesn't exist (anymore). The page you are trying to load may have been deleted, or maybe you have entered the wrong web address.
What can I do?
Depending on your situation there are several things you can do to fix this issue. How did you get to this 404 page?
1. This 404 page automatically gets loaded as my browser new tab page (for extension users)
When you see a 404 page as your new tab page, the browser extension you have installed is configured to load a page that doesn't exist anymore. This can happen after you have a deleted a page on start.me.
How to fix this:
1. Go to the extension options page (in Chrome: right-mouse click on the startme-icon in the top)
2. Select "Default page" in the dropdown "Which page do you want to use as your homepage?"
2. This 404 page automatically gets loaded as my browser start page/homepage
In order to prevent these errors, don't set your page URL (e.g. https://start.me/p/DFKKFJf) as your browser start page, but use https://start.me instead. This will load the first page in your menu as homepage.
3. Someone shared the URL with me
Contact the person who shared the URL with you and check for a new correct URL.
Need more help?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're here to help you!