To use start.me in your Edge browser, follow these steps:
- Set start.me as your homepage
- Set start.me as your new tab page
- Install Edge extension
- Import bookmarks
- Get Bookmarklet
1. Set start.me as your homepage [back to top]
When you set start.me as the default homepage for Edge, you can access your favorite bookmarks and widgets faster and more efficiently.
The default setting for Edge is to open with their version of a start page. First, make sure you open with a start.me page.
- Open the settings page from Edge by clicking the settings menu (three dots, top-right), or go there directly by typing
edge://settingsin the address bar.
- On the Settings page, go to On startup. Toggle the third option: "Open a specific page or set of pages" and click "Set pages." Here you can type "
- Also, under Appearance, make sure to toggle the option Show favorites bar to Always. This \will come in handy later.
- To get access to your start pages and bookmarks click the button in the top-right of your screen: 'Sign in' or 'Get started'.
2. Set start.me as your new tab page [back to top]
- Click the start.me icon next to the address bar.
- Then, click Options.
- Now select the start.me page you want displayed in every new tab.
3. Install start.me Edge Extension [back to top]
The start.me Edge extension makes adding bookmarks and RSS feeds to your start.me page much easier. It also permits you to set a specific start.me page as a new tab page. You can also use it to bookmark any site you're visiting. One regular click will do the trick.
Click to install the start.me Edge extension now.
Note: after installing the Extension, Edge will automatically turn it off.
You'll have to click Settings and more (Alt-F) > Extensions.
Now, toggle the extension ON.
4. Import bookmarks [back to top]
To import bookmarks from your Edge browser, you right-click the extension icon and click Options. Now you can select Import. Your bookmarks will be imported to a new page, called Imported bookmarks.
Now it's time to import the bookmarks you'd like to transfer from other browsers. You'll only have to do this once. When you've stored them on your start.me page, you can access them from any browser.
- Make sure you've exported your bookmarks in HTML format.
- Click the Add content button.
- In the Add content pane, scroll down, and locate the button 'Import bookmarks.'
- Click the Import bookmarks button and browse to the HTML file with your bookmarks.
- Click Import.
- Once the importing has finished, you will see a prompt 'Your import has been completed.'
- Click 'Close' to continue.
5. Get the Bookmarklet [back to top]
Just like the extension, the bookmarklet allows you to bookmark links with one single click from your bookmark bar.
Click here for instructions on how to drag-and-drop it to your Edge favorites bar.
6. Resources [back to top]
- For more information, troubleshooting or customization of Microsoft Edge, visit their support section: https://support.microsoft.com.
- For detailed information about exporting Edge bookmarks (also called Favorites): https://superuser.com/questions/951506/how-to-export-favourites-bookmarks-from-microsoft-edge.