You'll see a "Page Forbidden" error (as in the screenshot below) when you try to access a private start.me page with the wrong login credentials for that page.
The most common causes:
- You are not signed in with the right start.me account
To confirm the account you are currently using, go to https://start.me/users/edit. If you are not signed in with the correct account, please sign out and sign-in again with the right account.
- You are using the wrong URL for the start page you want to access
Make sure to set your browser to use https://start.me as your start page and not a URL with a page identifier (e.g. https://start.me/p/7k8YBp/archive-example-1).
- The page owner has revoked access to the shared page
Page owners can grant access to their page in many different ways: by sharing with a team, inviting users by email, or sharing them as an open or public link. They can also change access permissions at any time. They can also archive the page, which doesn't change the link settings but makes it inaccessible. Once you've lost access, you'll get a Page forbidden message.
Clear browser cache and cookies
If you still cannot access your page, we recommend clearing your browser cache and cookies. You can follow the instructions per browser on the following links:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95582?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/safari/sfri47acf5d6/13.0/mac/10.15
- Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.10/en/cache.html
You can also find detailed instructions at http://refreshyourcache.com/
After clearing your cache, sign in again to your start.me account.
Need more help?
Please contact us at email@example.com. We're here to help you!