With your start.me account, you can share your link collection and news feeds safely from any browser. You can add widgets, dashboards to make your shared start page even more informative. You can share your data with a group of family members, students, professionals or colleagues. We call this feature start.me for Teams.
Here's what you need to know.
- Key features
- Create a team
- Invite team members
- Share pages with your team
- Define member roles
- Other Settings
- For Enterprise
1. Key features [back to top]
- Instant PRO for every team member: no more advertisements. Also: premium widgets, broken link checker, faster experience.
- Work in teams of up to 20 users.
- Share resources with team members only, and know who has accessed your data.
- Define user roles to work better together.
- Option to claim your team domain (e.g., https://yourteamname.start.me)
- Improved security features with SSO.
- Free trial for 30 days.
2. Create a team [back to top]
- Go to the page you want to share with your team. This team may be your colleagues, your family, your friends, or any group with access to internet. They should have a free start.me account.
- Click the Share button in the header.
- Now you see the Share pane. Click the 'Create new team' button.
- You will see a popup. Type the name of your Team to start your free 30-day trial.
- Click 'Create team' to confirm.
You can make as many teams as you like.
3. Invite team members [back to top]
After creating your team, you go to the settings window of your team. Here you click the Members option, and 'Invite members.'
Your team can include 20 members in total.
You add a member by entering their email address, and confirm with 'Invite members.'
When you click the 'Advanced' option, you can invite a team member to a specific page, instead of all team pages at once. You can also add a personal message.
Invite by URL
You can also generate a URL that you can share with your colleagues (through email or other channels). When your colleagues go to this URL, they will be able to sign-up and become a member of your team.
4. Share pages with your team [back to top]
Now that you've created a team and invited members you're ready to share your page. You can start with a personal page.
- Click the Share button.
- In the Share pane, toggle the second option and select the desired team.
- Click Save to confirm.
Now the Share button will read Shared.
The shared page will no longer appear in the category 'Personal pages,' but in the list of team pages.
5. Define member roles [back to top]
Once a member of your team accepts your invitation, she becomes a User. Until you revoke it, she has the right to read and use your page. It will also show up in the Pages sidebar of her start.me page.
If you want to grant her editing rights, you follow these instructions:
- Click the Shared button
- Click the option 'Who can edit this page?'
- Select the team members you want to grant edit rights.
- Click Done to confirm.
Now she's a user with editing rights.
She can add widgets and bookmarks, rename and reorder widgets. She can also change the name and layout of your page. She cannot remove the page or change the sharing settings.
6. Other settings [back to top]
There are several other settings you can use to manage your start.me team. You can change the name, add a Team logo, upgrade to a paid subscription. We also offer the option to brand your team with a team domain name, for easy access to all shared pages.
Read more about these settings in this support article: https://support.start.me/hc/en-us/articles/115004929545-Team-Settings
7. For Enterprise [back to top]
start.me for teams is not just valuable for personal or family use. You can use it also in an enterprise setting. The big difference is size:
- start.me for teams allows unlimited teams, with a limited number of users (no more than 20).
- start.me for enterprises extends unlimited teams with infinite users.
- all other PRO features are included.
You'll find more information on this support article.
You can create your free 30-day trial team now (no credit card required).