If you want to move your Chrome or Firefox bookmarks to a start.me page, you can do so easily. First, install the extension (Chrome) or Add-on (Firefox). Then click the Import button. If you want to import bookmarks from other browsers, there is the regular 'Import & export' option in our User pane. You can use this method also for importing RSS feeds. In this article, we explain your import options.
- Import bookmarks from Google Chrome
- Import bookmarks from Firefox
- Import bookmarks from other browsers
- Import RSS feeds
1. Import bookmarks from Google Chrome [back to top]
If you want to import your Chrome bookmarks, you can do this quickly by using the start.me Chrome extension.
1. Make sure to install our Chrome extension first. You can get it here.
2. Click 'Add to Chrome' and again confirm by clicking 'Add extension'. The pop-up will ask you to give start.me permission to access the pages you visit. Without this permission the extension won't function correctly. Don't worry, though, your data will be safe with us. We promise.
3. Once the extension is installed, you'll see a familiar start.me button in the Chrome menu. Right-click this button and choose 'Options'. A pop-up will appear.
4. The second option reads 'Import bookmarks from Chrome". Choose this by clicking the 'Import' button.
5. An additional pop-up will appear, to give start.me permission to access the bookmarks in your Chrome browser. Click 'Allow'.
Your Chrome bookmarks will now be imported into a new page, called 'Imported bookmarks'. You might have to refresh you start.me page to see your newly imported bookmarks.
2. Import bookmarks from Firefox [back to top]
If you want to import your Firefox bookmarks, you can do this easily by using the start.me Firefox Add-on.
1. Make sure to install our Firefox Add-on first. You can get it here.
2. Click the button '+ Add to Firefox'. Now you'll see a pop-up. The pop-up will ask you to give start.me permission to access the pages you visit. Without this permission the extension won't function correctly. Don't worry, though, your data will be safe with us. We promise. Click 'Add'.
3. Once the extension is installed, you'll see a familiar start.me button in the Menu Bar. Right-click this button and choose 'Import bookmarks from browser'.
4. Your browser bookmarks will now be imported into a new page. You might have to hit 'Refresh' to see this new page.
3. Import bookmarks from other browsers [back to top]
The Chrome extension is built for the Google Chrome browser, but it will function just as well on any browser based on the open source Chromium platform. It can, therefore, be installed in:
- Iron browser (a start.me partner)
- Kinza browser (a start.me partner)
- Torch browser (a start.me partner)
- Vivaldi (a start.me partner)
The Firefox Add-on can be installed in Firefox, and in theory also in other browsers based on the Mozilla Firefox platform. They should be based on a recent build, however. This is why Pale Moon (a start.me partner) doesn't yet support installing our Firefox add-on.
We haven't yet developed an extension for other browsers like Microsoft Explorer, Edge or Safari.
It is still possible to import bookmarks, however. Just hit the Account icon in the top right corner of your window.
In the Accounts pane, select the option 'Import & Export'.
Now you can hit the 'Browse' button and import the HTML or OPML file that contains the bookmarks you'd like to import.
Click 'Import' to confirm.
4. Import RSS feeds [back to top]
Importing RSS feeds is just as simple as importing bookmarks. The procedure is also similar:
- Click the Account Icon
- Select 'Import & Export'
- Click 'Browse' and select the file containing the RSS feed
- Click 'Import' to confirm
5. Resources [back to top]
- In this support article, we've only talked about importing bookmarks and RSS feeds. If you want to learn more about exporting bookmarks from Google Chrome, read this tutorial: https://www.wikihow.com/Export-Bookmarks-from-Chrome.
- For learning about exporting from Firefox, read this article: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/export-firefox-bookmarks-to-backup-or-transfer.
- If you want to export your bookmarks and RSS feeds from start.me to another browser, check out this support article: https://support.start.me/hc/en-us/articles/200580451-Export-Bookmarks-Feeds.