You can quickly move your Chrome or Firefox bookmarks to a start.me page. First, install the extension (Chrome) or Add-on (Firefox). Then click the Import button. If you want to import bookmarks from other browsers, there is the regular 'Import & Export' option in our User pane. You can use this method also for importing RSS feeds. In this article, we explain your import options.
- Import bookmarks from Google Chrome
- Import bookmarks from Firefox
- Import bookmarks from other browsers
- Import bookmarks from an HTML file
- Import RSS feeds
1. Import bookmarks from Google Chrome [back to top]
If you want to import your Chrome bookmarks, you can do this quickly by using the start.me Chrome extension.
- Make sure to install our Chrome extension first. You can get it here.
- Click 'Add to Chrome' and again confirm by clicking 'Add extension.' The pop-up will ask you to give start.me permission to access the pages you visit. Without this permission, the extension won't function correctly. Don't worry, though; your data will be safe with us. We promise.
- Once the extension is installed, you'll see the start.me button in the Chrome menu. Right-click this button and choose 'Options.' A pop-up will appear.
- The second option reads 'Import bookmarks from Chrome". Choose this by clicking the 'Import' button.
- An additional pop-up will appear, to give start.me permission to access the bookmarks in your Chrome browser. Click 'Allow.'
Your Chrome bookmarks will now be imported into a new page, called 'Imported bookmarks.' You might have to refresh your start.me page to see your bookmarks.
2. Import bookmarks from Firefox [back to top]
If you want to import your Firefox bookmarks, you can do this easily by using the start.me Firefox Add-on.
1. Make sure to install our Firefox Add-on first. You can get it here.
2. Click the button '+ Add to Firefox'. Now you'll see a pop-up. The pop-up will ask you to give start.me permission to access the pages you visit. Without this permission, the extension won't function correctly. Don't worry, though; your data will be safe with us. We promise. Click 'Add'.
3. Once the extension is installed, you'll see the start.me button in the Menu Bar. Right-click this button and choose 'Import bookmarks from browser.'
4. Your browser bookmarks will now be imported into a new page. You might have to hit 'Refresh' to see this new page.
3. Import bookmarks from other browsers [back to top]
The Chrome extension is built for the Google Chrome browser, but it will function just as well on any browser based on the open-source Chromium platform. It can, therefore, be installed in:
- Iron browser (a start.me partner)
- Kinza browser (a start.me partner)
- Torch browser (a start.me partner)
- Vivaldi (a start.me partner)
The Firefox add-on can be installed in Firefox, and also in other browsers based on the Mozilla Firefox platform. They should be based on a recent build, however. Pale Moon (a start.me partner) doesn't yet support installing our Firefox add-on.
We haven't yet developed an extension for other browsers like Microsoft Explorer, Edge, or Safari.
It is still possible to import bookmarks, however. Click the Add content icon in the top right corner of your page.
At the bottom, you'll discover the button 'Import bookmarks.' You can import bookmarks from an HTML-file, directly from the Chrome (or Chromium-based) browser, and in the future also from a webpage.
Refresh your start.me page to see your newly imported bookmarks.
4. Import bookmarks from an HTML file [back to top]
If you want to import bookmarks from another bookmarking service, like Symbaloo or Pocket, you can use this method.
The first thing you do is export your bookmarks to an HTML file. The method to achieve this depends on the bookmarking solution you use. Generally, you have to go to the Settings area, to the Account section, where you can export to HTML.
Once you've got your HTML file, you open your start.me page.
- Click the green Add button.
- In the new sidebar, scroll down to the bottom. You'll see the Import bookmarks button. Click it.
- In the first tab, From file, click the Browse button. Locate the HTML file that contains your bookmarks and select it.
- Click Import to confirm.
Now you go to the Admin section of your account. Here you can select the folders you want to import.
Once you're content with your selection, click Import to confirm.
Your new bookmarks will be imported to a new page. Sometimes you have to refresh the page, for the new bookmarks to appear.
Note: you can use this method also for importing Browser bookmarks.
5. Import RSS feeds [back to top]
Importing RSS feeds is just as simple as importing bookmarks. The procedure is also similar:
- Click the Add content Icon
- Now click the second option 'RSS.' A new popup will appear
- At the bottom of this new pane, select 'Import RSS.' Browse to locate your OPML file, hit the Import button, and that's it.
- Refresh your start.me page to see your newly imported feeds.
6. Resources [back to top]
- In this support article, we've only talked about importing bookmarks and RSS feeds. Read this tutorial if you want to learn more about exporting bookmarks from Google Chrome: https://www.wikihow.com/Export-Bookmarks-from-Chrome.
- For learning about exporting from Firefox, read this article: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/export-firefox-bookmarks-to-backup-or-transfer.
- If you want to export your bookmarks and RSS feeds from start.me to another browser, check out this support article: https://support.start.me/hc/en-us/articles/200580451-Export-Bookmarks-Feeds.