If you want to use start.me in Safari, follow these steps:
- Set start.me as your homepage
- Set start.me as your New tab page
- Import bookmarks
- Get Bookmarklet
1. Set start.me as your homepage [back to top]
When you set start.me as the default homepage for Safari, you can access your favorite bookmarks and widgets faster and more efficiently.
How to set it up:
- Open the Preferences page from the Safari menu (Top left corner) or go there directly by pressing ⌘,
- In the General section of the preferences page, change your Homepage to
2. Set start.me as your New tab page [back to top]
- Now you can select start.me as the default Homepage for every new window or tab. Follow these choices:
- Safari opens with: "A new window."
- New windows open with: "Homepage."
- New tabs open with: "Homepage."
3. Import bookmarks [back to top]
Now it's time to import the bookmarks you'd like to transfer from other browsers. You'll only have to do this once. Once you've stored them on your start.me page, you can access them from any browser.
- Make sure you've exported your bookmarks in HTML format.
- Click the Add content button.
- In the Add content pane, scroll down and locate the button 'Import bookmarks.'
- Click the Import bookmarks button, and browse to the HTML file with your bookmarks.
- Click Import.
- Once the importing has finished, you will see a prompt 'Your import has been completed.'
- Click 'Close' to continue.
4. Get Bookmarklet [back to top]
The bookmarklet allows you to bookmark links with one single click from your bookmark bar. Just drag in drop our bookmarklet to your Favorites Bar.
Click here for more detailed instructions on our Bookmarklet. For Safari there is no extension available.
5. Resources [back to top]
- You can find general information about the installation and configuration of Safari in their Support section: Safari Help.
- For more information about setting the Safari homepage, click here: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/set-your-homepage-ibrw1020/mac
Open the Safari preferences
Article is closed for comments.