You can customize the style of every start page by changing the background image or color, the number of columns to organize your widgets in, and the transparency level for your widgets.
Instructions to open the sidebar
- Click on the Page button in the top left corner of your page, to open the Pages sidebar.
- Locate the name of the page you want to customize, and click the pencil icon.
- Now you can change the name of your page, select the number of columns, or change the background of your page. There are several other options.
- Once you're happy with the result, click Done to close the sidebar.
Change the background of your page
To change the background of your page, hover over the background preview pane. It will change to display the words 'Select background.' Confirm to continue.
Now you'll see a new sidebar with two tabs.
- In the first one, you can select a background image. You can click the color you like: it will change the page instantly. You can choose a preset page, or add your own by hex color code.
- In the second tab, you can select a preset background image or upload your image. The maximum size is 1MB, and we support the following formats: JPEG, GIF, or PNG.
Set the transparency of the widgets
You can set the transparency of widgets by using the slider. If you make the widget fully transparent, it blends completely into the background.
Columns per page
You can configure the number (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5) of columns on a page or have start.me automatically choose the number of columns based on your screen size. Read more about the Automatic number of columns in our blog.