Discover the optimal way to enhance your experience with start.me by seamlessly integrating it into your Chrome browser. Here are your options:
- Set start.me as your homepage
- Set start.me as your new tab page
- Enable 1-click saving of webpages
- Import bookmarks
- Use start.me on your Chromebook
- Search bookmarks from your Chrome address bar
1. Set start.me as your homepage [back to top]
If you set start.me as your homepage, you can access your favorite bookmarks and widgets faster and more easily. You just have to click the Home icon to return to your start.me page:
There are two ways to make start.me your homepage/startup page in Chrome:
- Option A: Make start.me your homepage by using Drag and drop
- Option B: Manual set start.me as your homepage in Chrome
Option A: Make start.me your homepage by using Drag and drop [back to top]
Note: the home icon is located just before the address bar. If you don't see it, you must enable it first.
Option B: Manually set start.me as your homepage in Chrome [back to top]
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More and select Settings.
- Under On startup:
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Add a new page.
- Enter the web address
https://start.meand click Add to confirm.
For more information, read the Google help instructions here.
2. Set start.me as your new tab page [back to top]
To load start.me when you open a new tab page, you need to install our Chrome extension. Google Chrome does not let you set a new tab page manually.
The extension is available in the Chrome Web Store. Installing is a one-click operation.
3. Enable 1-click saving of webpages [back to top]
When you are visiting a webpage that you want to save to start.me, you can use our bookmarklet or browser extension to save it with 1-click (without having to leave the webpage).
You have three options:
- Install the New Tab extension - this will also change your New Tab page to start.me
- Install the Bookmarker extension - this will NOT change your New Tab page to start.me
- Install the Bookmarklet - you'll need to enable your bookmark bar for this
4. Import bookmarks [back to top]
After you've set up your browser with start.me, it's time to import the bookmarks you'd like to transfer from other browsers. You'll only have to do this once. When you've stored them on your start.me page you can access them from any browser.
You have two options to import your Chrome bookmarks:
5. Use start.me on your Chromebook [back to top]
Instructions to add start.me to the Chromebook Shelf can be found here.
6. Search bookmarks from your Chrome address bar [back to top]
You can now search your start.me bookmarks right from your browser address bar. Just type me and your search query in the address bar.
Example: Typing "me music" in the address bar will search across all your bookmarks (title and URL) for the word "music".
You need to have the latest version of our extension installed for this feature.