- Set start.me as your homepage
- Set start.me as your new tab page
- Install Chrome extension
- Import bookmarks
- Create Chrome shortcut (for Chromebook)
- Get Bookmarklet
1. Set start.me as your homepage [back to top]
When you set start.me as the default homepage for Google Chrome, you can access your favorite bookmarks and widgets faster and more easily.
How to set it up:
- Open the settings page from the Chrome menu or go there directly by typing
chrome://settingsin the address bar
- In the Appearance section of the settings page, select the Show Home button option and click Change to change your home page to
- You can set start.me as your startup page as well. To do so, select the Open a specific page or set of pages option in the On startup section of the settings page. Or simply go to
- Now add
https://start.meas a new startup page
More information can be found on Google's website:
2. Set start.me as your new tab page [back to top]
To have start.me loaded whenever you open a new tab page, you will have to install our Chrome extension as Google Chrome currently does not offer a way to specify a new tab page manually.
The extension is available in the Chrome Web Store. Installing is a one-click operation and is completely safe.
3. Install start.me Chrome Extension [back to top]
The start.me Chrome extension makes adding bookmarks and RSS feeds to start.me much easier.
Click to install it now:
With this extension, you can easily import your Chrome bookmarks, manage your New tab page and more. Just right-click and select 'Options.'
More instructions for importing your Chrome bookmarks can be found here.
You can also use it to bookmark any site you're visiting. One regular click will do the trick.
4. Import bookmarks [back to top]
After you've set up your browser with start.me it's time to import the bookmarks you'd like to transfer from other browsers. You'll only have to do this once. When you've stored them on your start.me page you can access them from any browser.
- Make sure you've exported your bookmarks in HTML format.
- Click the Add content button.
- In the Add content pane, scroll down and locate the button 'Import bookmarks.'
- Click the Import bookmarks button, and browse to the HTML file with your bookmarks.
- Click Import.
- Once the importing has finished, you will see a prompt 'Your import has been completed.'
- Click 'Close' to continue.
5. Create Chrome shortcut (for Chromebook) [back to top]
The start.me Chrome App allows you to pin start.me to the shelf of your Chromebook. Click here for instructions how to install it the Chrome App.
6. Get Bookmarklet [back to top]
Just like the extension, the bookmarklet allows you to bookmark links with one single click from your bookmark bar.
Click here for instructions on how to drag-and-drop it to your Chrome bookmarks bar.
7. Resources [back to top]
You can find more information about the installation and configuration of Google Chrome in their Support section: https://support.google.