With the PRO Calendar widget, you can add a calendar to your start page.
You can add iCal Calendars or Google Calendars. You can only view calendars with this widget, no changes allowed. You can still personalize them. In this article, we present every feature of the Calendar widget.
1. Add a Calendar widget [back to top]
Click the Add icon in the top right corner (+ icon).
Click to Browse all widgets.
Locate the option Calendar. Click it.
Click Add widget.
- Now you can add your calendar by URL. You can import a public URL to an iCal calendar or authorize start.me to display a Google Calendar.
- Click Done to confirm.
2. Add a Google Calendar with the Embed widget [back to top]
There's also a direct way to integrate a Google Calendar to your start.me page. For this method, you don't use our calendar widget, but our Embed Content widget, This is how you proceed:
- Open your Google Calendar on a computer. You'll need the desktop version for this to work.
- In the top right, click Settings.
- On the left side of the screen, click the name of the calendar you want to embed.
- In the "integrate calendar" section, copy the iframe code displayed.
- Go to your start.me page, and click the Add widget button.
- Click the Embed option. A new embed widget will open.
- Paste the iframe code you've copied.
You can further personalize this calendar by clicking within the embedded calendar, or by clicking the context menu. More information about the Google Calendar is in their Support section.
3. Widget menu [back to top]
Right-click the widget or click the More icon (three dots) to open the Widget menu. This is where you control the appearance and behavior of your Calendar widget.
These are your options:
Add calendar. A shortcut to setting the source calendar for your widget.
Edit the widget. Change the title. Click Done to stop editing.
- Copy the widget to another page. The original widget will remain on the page.
Move the widget to another page. The original widget will be deleted.
- Open calendar: decide if you want to open this widget in Month or Agenda view. Note: you'll have to refresh the page to see this setting take effect.
- Time notation: switch between 12-hour or 24-hour clocks.
- Start of the week: you can set any day you want.
Change background color and transparency. If you make the widget 100% transparent, you'll only see the search field. You can also apply this setting to all other widgets on your page.
Delete widget. You'll get a pop-up to confirm. If you continue, the widget will be deleted. There is no way to undo this.
4. Resources [back to top]
- For more information about the Calendar, read our blog post "New Calendar widget now available".
- There are many free Calendars available online, to import into your own widget and stay informed. Here are a few examples:
- This widget is only available for PRO members. Upgrade now!
Where do I find the widgets???
Where do I set the time zone? Especially for sharing with other people?
I believe the time zone is set in the settings for your Google Calendar, not in the widget.
Thanks! I partially tracked it down to Google Calendar. Unfortunately, the calendar I'm having trouble with isn't mine, and there's no way to change the default (which is GMT). Also, with different users in different time zones, it would be useful to have more user end flexibility on the matter.
How to I get All of my calendars to show on the widget? It is only allowing my default one
Where do I authorise Start.me to access my Google Calendar on iPad?
Article is closed for comments.