If you want to see the contents of your Gmail account on your start.me page, you can do this with our Newsfeed widget (RSS). You also need the third party service Zapier, where you'll first create a Zap. With a free account, you can create up to 5 zaps.
Instructions to create a Zap
- Go to https://zapier.com and create a (free) account and log in.
- In the Recommended for you section, look for the Zap Post new email on Gmail to an RSS feed. Click Try it.
- In the Connect Gmail button click Sign in. After authorizing Zapier, click Continue.
- Now select the Label or Mailbox you want to see in your feed. If you don't select one you'll see every email. Click Continue.
- Now you can Test a trigger. We recommend you Continue with selected record.
- Click Continue again to start customizing the Action you want Zapier to perform. Make sure to personalize the RSS feed URL, and to fill in the required fields. Click Continue.
- Finally, click Publish to activate your Zap. Now, when you click the RSS part of your Zap, you'll find the personalized RSS feed URL you can copy to the clipboard.
For more detailed instructions to creating your Zap, go to the Gmail help section.
Now that you've create a Zap and copied it to your clipboard, you can build the start.me integration.
- Go to your start page, and add an Newsfeed widget (RSS). Click the + icon (add content) in the header or on the page grid, and select Newsfeed (RSS).
- In the first field in the sidebar, Search for a feed or enter URL, paste the RSS link from your clipboard.
- It will show up as a clickable link. Now click + to create the RSS widget.
- In the widget you've just created, you'll see the most recent emails from your Gmail account. You can't open the emails, nor delete or alter them. This RSS widget is read only, just to give you a quick impression of your inbox. If you hover over the subject of an email, you'll see more of its content.