If you want to automatically open start.me in the New Tab of your Google Chrome browser, you can't do this yourself in the browser settings. You'll need to install the start.me New Tab extension. It's free, and the installation is a breeze.
Here's how it works.
- Make sure you're logged into your start.me account.
- Click the link to open the New Tab Extension in the Chrome Web Store.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- You'll see a pop-up, asking you to confirm the installation of our extension. Note: we only ask your permission to interact with our servers, and change the New Tab page from Google to start.me. This is necessary to save changes you make to your pages. Click Add extension.
- You'll see a pop-up to confirm that the New Tab extension has been added to your browser. It will disappear automatically, or you can click the x.
- Now you'll see the first step of our onboarding wizard. This is especially useful for new users, so if you're already logged in, you don't need this step. Click the x in the top right corner.
- After this, you'll see your page. We'll also open a Tour of our service. You're free to click through it, but if you already know our service, you might want to click Opt out of these tips to continue.
- Now, click the + in the top header to open a new tab, to see if start.me really opens in the new tab. If so, you will be prompted to change the new tab back to its default settings. Click Keep it to confirm that you prefer your start.me homepage.
- That's it! From now on, every time you open a new tab, you'll see start.me.
- You can always remove the New tab extension if you don't want to use start.me as the default new tab page. Go to the Chrome Web Store and click Remove from Chrome. We'll ask you to give us some feedback, so we can improve our service and help you out with any issue you might have had. If you have a technical issue, you can also contact our support team (email@example.com) before removing the extension.
- If you like to use start.me, but don't want to use it for every new tab, you can install the Bookmarker by start.me. It offers the same bookmarking functionality as the New Tab extension, but without changing the new tab settings.