1. Broken Link Checker [back to top]
This feature only works with a PRO membership. Once you've upgraded your account, you don't have to install anything. The system checks your links once every 24 hours to see if they are still viable. If there is no response from the server, it will show the title of your affected bookmark with a strike-through.
It is not possible to force this feature.
2. Broken Link Menu [back to top]
When you discover a broken link, you can click it (left button). A menu will appear with the following options:
- Open anyway: our system might have tried the destination website at a downtime. Try it before you delete it.
- This link is not broken: remove the strike-through.
- Delete bookmark: remove the entire link from your Bookmark widget. There is no way to undo this.
- Edit bookmark: take a look at the URL you've saved. Maybe you can solve the problem yourself.
- Search for an alternative link on Google: take the title and URL of your broken link and use it in a search query.
- Visit homepage: with start.me you can save deep-links directly to an article or category on a website. When someone moves these articles or changes the URLs, the links could become broken. Visiting the site to find out more.
3. Right Click Bookmark menu [back to top]
When you right-click a bookmark, broken or not broken, you see the Right Click Bookmark menu.
With this menu, you can open the link in a new window, edit the link or title of your bookmark. Delete the bookmark, copy the link to paste it in an external program.
Show details: this option opens the site you've bookmarked and displays some useful background information: Google search results, Wikipedia pages, Alexa ranking, and Google Trends.
Add Bookmark: Manually add a new Bookmark to the widget.