If you want to use start.me in your Maxthon Browser, follow these steps:
- Open start.me page on startup
- Set start.me as your new tab page
- Install our bookmarklet
- Import your bookmarks
1. Open start.me on startup [back to top]
When you set start.me as the default homepage for the Maxthon Browser, you can access your favorite bookmarks and widgets faster and more efficiently.
How to set it up:
- Click the top right Options button (the Hamburger Icon) or press Alt-F.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Go to the menu option General.
- On the right, you'll find the heading 'Open on startup.' Select the first option 'Homepage.'
- Click the button 'Manage Homepage.'
- In the field 'Add a new page' type: https://start.me and press enter.
- Make sure you delete the default homepage http://i.maxthon.com/ by clicking 'x.'
- Click OK to complete. Now your own personal startpage will load every time you open your Maxthon Browser.
2. Set start.me as your new tab page [back to top]
In many browsers, the user has the opportunity to choose the page that will first appear with every new tab. The Maxthon Browser doesn't offer this possibility. You can, however, set start.me as a URL alias or URL shortcut key, to get there very fast.
You'll find this option under Settings -> Advanced -> Navigation.
3. Install our bookmarklet [back to top]
To easily add sites to your start.me page, you could install a bookmarklet. Just drag and drop the following link to the bookmarks bar of your Maxthon Browser.
Whenever you come across a website you'd like to bookmark, click the button. There is no extension available for this browser.
4. Import your bookmarks [back to top]
Now, it's time to import the bookmarks you'd like to transfer from other browsers. You'll only have to do this once. When you've stored it on your start.me page, you can access them from everywhere.
- Make sure you've exported your bookmarks in HTML format.
- Click the Add content button.
- In the Add content pane, scroll down and locate the button 'Import bookmarks.'
- Click the Import bookmarks button, and browse to the HTML file with your bookmarks.
- Click Import.
- Once the importing has finished, you will see a prompt 'Your import has been completed.'
- Click 'Close' to continue.
5. Resources [back to top]
- For more information, troubleshooting or customization of the Maxthon browser, visit their Help Center: http://www.maxthon.com/mx5/help/index.php.
- For more detailed information about our Bookmarklet, check out this article from our blog: https://blog.start.me/how-to/introducing-hidden-feature-bookmarklet/
- For instructions on changing the homepage or new tab page in Maxthon, click here: https://www.lifewire.com/change-home-page-in-maxthon-4103643
Article is closed for comments.