Follow these steps:
- Set start.me as your homepage
- Set start.me as your new tab page
- Install Chrome extension
- Import bookmarks
- Get Bookmarklet
1. Set start.me as your homepage [back to top]
When you set start.me as the default homepage for the Iron Browser, you can access your favorite bookmarks and widgets faster and more efficiently. The Iron Browser runs on the Chromium platform, so most of the instructions are identical to those from Google Chrome.
The default setting for your iron browser is to open the New Tab page. First, make sure you open with a start.me page.
How to set it up:
- Open the settings page from the Iron menu or go there directly by typing
chrome://settingsin the address bar.
- In the Appearance section of the settings page, select the Show Home button option and click Change to change your home page to
- The next thing to do is to set start.me as your Startup page. To do so, scroll down in the settings page until you find the menu option On startup. Here you can select the Open a specific page or set of pages button. You could leave the pre-programmed address: http://iron-start.com/ or switch it to http://iron.start.me.
- If you now close and open the Iron browser, you'll find the anonymous start.me page controlled by the Iron Browser. First, log out.
- Next, click the button in the top-right of your screen: 'sign in' or 'customize.'
2. Set start.me as your new tab page [back to top]
Install our Chrome extension to have start.me load with every new tab page. At the moment, the Iron browser does not offer a way to specify a new tab page manually.
The extension is available in the Chrome Web Store, and will also work in the Iron browser. Installing is a one-click operation and is completely safe.
3. Install start.me Chrome Extension [back to top]
The start.me Chrome extension makes adding bookmarks and RSS feeds to start.me much easier.
Click to install it now:
With this extension, you can easily import your Chrome bookmarks, manage your New tab page and more. Just right-click and select 'Options.'
Click here for more instructions for importing your Chrome bookmarks.
You can also use it to bookmark any site you're visiting. One regular click will do the trick.
4. Import bookmarks [back to top]
Now it's time to import the bookmarks you'd like to transfer from other browsers. You'll only have to do this once. When you've stored them on your start.me page, you can access them from any browser.
- First, make sure you've exported the old bookmarks in HTML format.
- Then you click the User Icon (top right) and select the option 'Import and Export.'
- Click on the button 'Choose file,' locate your bookmarks file and select it.
- Click 'Import' to begin importing.
- Once the importing has finished, you will see a prompt 'Your import has been completed.'
- Click 'Close' to continue.
5. Get Bookmarklet [back to top]
Just like the extension, the bookmarklet allows you to bookmark links with one single click from your bookmark bar.
Click here for instructions on how to drag-and-drop it to your Iron Browser bookmarks bar.
6. Resources [back to top]
You can find more information about the installation and configuration of the Iron Browser, including troubleshooting and customization, at the Support section of Google Chrome: https://support.google.