The Torch browser is a partner of start.me. There are still some personalization options you could choose to implement. If you want to use start.me in the Torch Browser, follow these steps:
- Set start.me as your homepage
- Set start.me as your new tab page
- Install Chrome extension
- Import bookmarks
- Get Bookmarklet
1. Set start.me as your homepage [back to top]
When you set start.me as the default homepage for the Torch Browser, you can access your favorite bookmarks and widgets faster and more easily. The Torch Browser runs on the Chromium platform, so most of the instructions are similar to Google Chrome.
The default setting for your Torch browser is to open a New Tab page, controlled by Torch. First, make sure you open with a start.me page.
How to set it up:
- Open the settings page from the Torch menu or go there directly by typing
chrome://settingsin the address bar.
- In the Appearance section of the settings page, select the Show Home button option and click to change your home button to
- While you're there, toggle the "Show bookmarks bar", which will come in handy later.
- The next thing to do, is to set start.me as your Startup page. To do so, scroll down in the settings page, until you find the menu option On startup. Here you can select the Open a specific page or set of pages button. Click "Add a new page" and type https://torch.start.me in the window.
- If you now close and open the Torch browser, you'll a localized start.me page.
- Next, click the button in the top-right of your screen: 'sign in' or 'customize' to access your own start pages, or to create a new account.
2. Set start.me as your new tab page [back to top]
To have start.me loaded whenever you open a new tab page, you will have to install our Chrome extension as the Torch browser currently does not offer a way to specify a new tab page manually.
The extension is available in the Chrome Web Store and will also work in the Torch Browser. Installing is a one-click operation and is completely safe.
3. Install start.me Chrome Extension [back to top]
The start.me Chrome extension makes adding bookmarks and RSS feeds to start.me much easier.
Click to install it now:
With this extension, you can easily import your Chrome bookmarks, manage your New tab page and more. Just right-click and select 'Options.'
More instructions for importing your Chrome bookmarks can be found here.
You can also use it to bookmark any site you're visiting. One regular click will do the trick.
Click here for more information about our Chrome extension or read more about it in our blog.
4. Import bookmarks [back to top]
After you've set up your browser with start.me it's time to import the bookmarks you'd like to transfer from other browsers. You'll only have to do this once. When you've stored them on your start.me page you can access them from any browser.
- Make sure you've exported your bookmarks in HTML format.
- Click the Add content button.
- In the Add content pane, scroll down, and locate the button 'Import bookmarks.'
- Click the Import bookmarks button and browse to the HTML file with your bookmarks.
- Click Import.
- Once the importing has finished, you will see a prompt 'Your import has been completed.'
- Click 'Close' to continue.
5. Get Bookmarklet [back to top]
Just like the extension, the bookmarklet allows you to bookmark links with one single click from your bookmark bar.
Click here for instructions on how to drag-and-drop it to your Torch Browser bookmarks bar.
6. Resources [Back to top]
You can find more information about the installation and configuration of Torch, including troubleshooting and customization, at the Support section of Google Chrome: https://support.google. The Torch browser itself offers limited support, but it can be found here: Torch Support.
Article is closed for comments.