Follow these steps:
- Set start.me as your homepage
- Set start.me as your new tab page
- Install Chrome extension
- Import bookmarks
- Get Bookmarklet
1. Set start.me as your homepage [back to top]
When you set start.me as the default homepage for the Vivaldi, you can access your favorite bookmarks and widgets faster and more efficiently. Vivaldi runs on the Chromium platform, so most of the instructions are similar to those from Google Chrome. There are some crucial differences, though.
The default setting for starting up Vivaldi is to open a Start Page they control. First, make sure you open with a start.me page.
How to set it up:
- Open the settings page from Vivaldi, by pressing Alt-P or clicking the Vivaldi icon (top-left) and clicking through Tools, and Settings.
- Click the option Startup, go to Homepage, and enter https://vivaldi.start.me.
- If you now close and open Vivaldi, you'll find an anonymous start.me page. To get access to your start pages and bookmarks click the button in the top-right of your screen: 'sign in' or 'customize.'
2. Set start.me as your new tab page [back to top]
To load start.me whenever you open a new tab, you go to the same Settings menu. Now you click the option Tabs. Under New Tab Page, type in: https://vivaldi.start.me.
3. Install start.me Chrome Extension [back to top]
The start.me Chrome extension makes adding bookmarks and RSS feeds to start.me much easier.
With this extension, you can easily import your Chrome bookmarks, manage your New tab page and more. Just right-click and select 'Options.'
Click to install it now.
More instructions for importing your Chrome bookmarks can be found here.
You can also use it to bookmark any site you're visiting. One regular click will do the trick.
4. Import bookmarks [back to top]
After you've set up your browser with start.me it's time to import the bookmarks you'd like to transfer from other browsers. You'll only have to do this once. When you've stored them on your start.me page, you can access them from any browser.
- Make sure you've exported your bookmarks in HTML format.
- Click the Add content button.
- In the Add content pane, scroll down and locate the button 'Import bookmarks.'
- Click the Import bookmarks button, and browse to the HTML file with your bookmarks.
- Click Import.
- Once the importing has finished, you will see a prompt 'Your import has been completed.'
- Click 'Close' to continue.
5. Get Bookmarklet [back to top]
Just like the extension, the bookmarklet allows you to bookmark links with one single click from your bookmark bar.
Click here for instructions on how to drag-and-drop it to the Vivaldi bookmarks bar.
6. Resources [Back to top]
You can find more information about the installation and configuration of the Vivaldi, including troubleshooting and customization, in their support section: https://help.vivaldi.com.