Once you have a free start.me account, you'll get a page packed with bookmarks, news feeds, and more. We deliver this content to get you started, but you're free to change the page, create new pages or delete old pages. In this article, we'll show you how to add content to your page.
1. Add Bookmark widgets [back to top]
- Click the + sign in the right top corner. You can also click Add widget on the page.
- Select the option Bookmarks.
- First change the name of the bookmark widget you've just added.
- Then click Add bookmark to manually add your bookmark. When you start typing, we'll give you suggestions from our database.
- Click Done to continue.
2. Other widgets [back to top]
Besides bookmark widgets, you can add other widgets to your start.me page, including:
- Click the Plus icon in your header.
- Select one of the most popular widgets or the More widgets link, and start selecting from there.
- If necessary, confirm your choice and click Add widget.
Note: For more inspiration, browse the Widget Gallery.
3. Extension shortcuts [back to top]
If you want to use shortcuts to create a bookmark or quickly return to your homepage, you need the extension. Get the New Tab Page extension first.
- After installing the extension, click the start.me icon in your browser header.
- Select Options > Shortcuts.
- Now you see the default shortcuts for start.me. If you prefer a different combination, click Change.
|ALT-B||Bookmark the webpage you're on|
|ALT-H||Open the homepage|
4. Import bookmarks and feeds [back to top]
You can import the bookmarks that you've stored in another bookmark manager by uploading an HTML file. Also, you can import your RSS feeds by uploading an OMPL file. Click here for detailed instructions.