Once you are registered for a free start.me account, you'll see a page packed with content. We deliver this content to get you started, but you're free to change the page, create new pages or delete old pages. In this article, we'll show you how to add content to your page.
1. Basic instruction to Add content [back to top]
It's not difficult to add content to your new page.
The basic instruction is:
- Click the + sign in the right top corner.
- You'll see a sidebar with the question: 'What do you want to add?' Here you can enter/paste anything you want to add to your start.me page. Examples:
- the name of a site (e.g., CNN, YouTube)
- the name of a widget (email, calendar, to-do, CNN, ESPN, etc.
- a URL to a web page (e.g., http://www.cnn.com, http://www.youtube.com)
- a URL to an image
- a URL to an RSS feed
- a generic search item (e.g., a company name, sports team)
- any text you want to add as Notes widget
- a to-do list (use format: - To-do item 1, - To-do item 2, - To-do item 3, etc)
- Based on your input (#2) we'll provide you with a list of suggestions of widgets that you can add to your page.
2. Other widgets [back to top]
Besides bookmark blocks, you can add other widgets to your start.me page, including:
3. Keyboard shortcuts [back to top]
|ALT-INSERT||Opens 'Add Content' sidebar|
|CTRL-V||Opens 'Add Content' sidebar with a link or text pasted from your clipboard|
|ALT-S||Opens the pages menu|
4. Import bookmarks and feeds [back to top]
You can easily import the bookmarks that you've stored in another bookmark manager by uploading an HTML file. Also, you can import your RSS feeds by uploading an OMPL file. Click here for instructions.